Destroy Negativity From Your Mind With This Simple Exercise All those thoughts that come into our mind repeatedly in a negative way without thinking that is negative thoughts. Negative thoughts are those thoughts that disturb our life functioning by repeatedly coming into our mind and instigate us for some response like do some action or think about that for temporary peace.
Take out a piece of paper or open writing software on your computer or mobile.
List every negative thought you have. Once you’ve listed everything down, don’t stop. Dig deeper and write more thoughts about:
- Things that stress you out regularly
- Things that irritate you about other people
Make another column or a separate list.
Now, for every negative thought, write at least one positive thought.
- You fear failure, write one instance when failure helped you to learn a lesson.
- If you’re insecure about your skills, write how much you’ve improved since you started.
- You’ve lost a relationship in the past, write about the beautiful time you spent with each other.
- you stress about work, write about how your work is serving other people.
- If you don’t like your coworker’s behavior, write about one positive thing about that person.
Shifting perspective sounds easy. But it’s not.
It takes practice.
This is why I want you to do this exercise right now. Once you do this exercise, your mind will remember it.
It will become part of your thinking process. Whenever you think of a negative thought, counter it with a positive one.
Nervous about giving a speech in public? Think of the positive impact you will make.
Lost money? Think of one thing you have remain.
Feeling jealous? Appreciate one thing about yourself.
Make it a habit. Give yourself a one day challenge to balance your thoughts.